Things to do in Southeastern Indiana
Looking for an easy, inspiring getaway in southeastern Indiana? How about an exciting week-long vacation, a spur of the moment road trip, or even a quick one-day outing? With easy access from the regional cities of Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Louisville and Lexington to the charming Ohio River towns of Madison, Vevay, Aurora and Rising Sun, southern Indiana offers everything you need for an exciting, rejuvenating, memorable excursion.
From outdoor adventure to refined dining, inspiring artwork to delicious wineries, rustic camping to the best in luxury accommodations, gaming to motorsports, family fun to romantic retreats, southeastern Indiana has the scenic beauty along with the services needed to meet all of your on-the-road needs.
Beautiful Southeastern Indiana has something for everyone...
Extreme Sports – We’ve Got’em
- Mud Stash - Perfect North Slopes, Lawrenceburg IN (June 29, September 7, 2013) - With obstacles from hill climbs to mud crawls, wall rappels, swinging bridges and “lily pad” water crossing, these 5 and 10K mud races bring new fun to your run!
- Mountain and Off-Road Biking - Versailles State Park and Muscatatuck Park
- Bouldering – Muscatatuck Park, Jennings County, IN. World class bouldering in SE Indiana. Who knew!
- Competition Go-Kart Racing, Lawrenceburg, IN - For anyone over 10 years of age, high-speed karting at an indoor facility.
- Lawrenceburg Speedway - Nonstop racing action on Friday Nights! Motorcycles, ATV’s Speedway and Go-Karts
Arts, Wine, Gaming – Adult Fun for Everyone
- Main Street’s First Fridays, Vevay, IN – Music, art galleries, late night shopping, restaurants support monthly unique events from “Chaulk the Walk” to “Featured Artists” exhibits in downtown Vevay.
- Hollywood Casino, Belterra and Rising Star Casinos - State-of-the-art gaming, world-class entertainment, top-notch dining and A-List accommodations can be found at these regional casinos located along the Ohio River.
- Ridge Winery Tasting Room, Vevay, IN – Our neighbor is a delicious stop along the Southern Indiana Wine Trail. Other regional wineries include: Lanthier Winery, Madison Vineyards, Thomas Family Winery and more.
- The Artisan Trail - Showcased in the By Hoosier Hands Guidebook: “Handcrafted and Homegrown”, this informal “trail” is full of galleries and workshops of the members of the Indian Art Guild in SE Indiana.
Scenic Drives, Outdoor Getaways or Support a Great Cause
- Tour for the Cure, Dearborn County, IN - This travel rewards program raises money for breast cancer research to turn your good times into great news. Includes golfing destinations, dining and hotel rewards, seasonal events and more.
- Clifty Falls State Park and Big Oak National Wildlife Refuge - Both located near Madison, IN, these parks will fulfill your need for the rolling hills, bubbling brooks, hikes and horse riding of southeastern Indiana, both just minutes from Dagaz Acres.
- The Whitewater Canal Scenic Byway - The Whitewater River Valley is waiting for you to drive its roads, hike its trails, or paddle its waters while enjoying its beautiful scenery, charming towns, recreational offerings.
- Beiersdorfer Orchard, Guilford, IN - Full of apples, peaches and plums, and year-round cider, this 75 acre family owned orchard sales cider, apple butter and more year round.
- Mt. Tabor Alpaca Farm, Aurora, IN - A popular agritourism spot and a great destination for groups of all ages with behind-the-scenes tour of the scenic farms goats, bees, horses and, of course, alpacas.
Let Dagaz Acres Zip Line Adventures be the cornerstone as you design your perfect escape to southeastern Indiana.